A fixed indexed annuity built for accumulation.
Athene Accumulator fixed indexed annuities offer a variety of index crediting strategies and exclusive indices that deliver strong growth potential. An optional Legacy Rider also provides guaranteed growth to the Death Benefit Rider Benefit Base.
- Multiple Index Interest Crediting Strategies — Allocate to strategies featuring a variety of crediting methods and underlying market indices.1
- Up to 10% Free Withdrawals — Beginning in the first Contract Year, withdraw up to 10% of the annuity's Accumulated Value each Contract Year without a Withdrawal Charge or Market Value Adjustment (MVA).2
- Minimum Interest Credit — Provides the opportunity for a one-time automatic interest credit. If at the end of the withdrawal charge period, the total interest credited to the Accumulated Value is less than the Minimum Interest Credit, the client automatically receives a one-time credit equal to the difference.3
- Bailout Feature — If Athene lowers the declared 1-Year Point-to-Point Index Strategy Annual Cap Rate below the Bailout Cap Rate, this feature gives full access to the Accumulated Value for up to 30 days - free of any charges - so clients can feel confident about their money.
- Terminal Illness and Confinement Waivers.3
Plus the optional Athene Legacy Rider.4
- Guaranteed growth to the rider Benefit Base - 8% simple interest for up to 10 years
- Two payout options — Beneficiaries can choose from either…
- A 5-Year Payout5
- A Lump Sum Payout6
- Dollar-for-Dollar withdrawals — Up to the greater of 5% or the Required Minimum Distribution
1 See the Indexed Strategy Inserts for more information. Note that Athene may add or eliminate index strategies from time to time. A specific strategy may not be available for the life of the contract.
2 Withdrawals and surrender may be subject to federal and state income tax and, except under certain circumstances, will be subject to an IRS penalty if taken prior to age 59½. Withdrawals are not credited with index interest in the year they are taken. Withdrawals in excess of the free amount are subject to a Withdrawal Charge and MVA which may result in the loss of principal.
3 Not available in all states. Additional limitations, variations, and exclusions may apply. Please see Certificate of Disclosure for more information.
4 Optional, for a charge. Can only be selected at issue with the purchase of an Athene Accumulator fixed indexed annuity contract. May not be available in all states or with all products. Additional limitations, variations and exclusions may apply. The rider may be canceled at any time. Rider charges will not be reimbursed if the rider is terminated. Please see the Certificate of Disclosure for more information.
5 Payout is guaranteed not to exceed 10 years.
6 Lump Sum Payout is equal to the average of the base contract Death Benefit and the Benefit Base.
Athene Accumulator [GEN (09/15) NB] and Athene Accumulator Legacy Rider [ICC16 GMDB (06/16)] or state variations are issued by Athene Annuity and Life Company, West Des Moines, IA. Product features, limitations and availability vary; see the Certificate of Disclosure for details. Products not available in all states.